Level: Senior / Principal Engineer
This role includes technical design and development tasks with the potential to take on project, customer and team management responsibilities. You will be expected to take control of projects, liaise with customers and suppliers ensuring that progress is on time and to the expected standard as well as integrating with the wider engineering team ensuring best use of the skills available within the team . The role will include all aspects of control system design from initial requirements identification through to delivery; technically ranging from high level architecture, through high and low level software development to systems integration, test, calibration and deployment.
Technical responsibilities include:
- Vehicle level control system architecture design.
- Safety analysis and design processes.
- Real time embedded control software design and development.
- Development and application of system models
- Test rig control and modelling development
- Application test, calibration and validation.
- Documentation of all steps in the process.
Technical Skills Required:
- Software: Matlab, Simulink, C/C++, PC applications (Visual studio).
- Simulation: model development, data generation and analysis.
- Analysis: Data logging and analysis.
- Vehicle systems architecture design.
- Vehicle communications systems including CAN and LIN along with associated tools such as PEAK, Vector CANalyzer/CANoe.
- Safety analysis including FMEA, HazOP.
- Good experience of PC applications Word, Excel, Viseo, Project etc.
Management Skills Required:
- Software project management including time and technical planning.
- Supplier management.
- Customer management.
- Project presentation and reporting to internal and external personnel.
- Knowledge of electronic circuit design.
- Understanding of the design of mechanical, thermal and other associated systems.
- Understanding of ISO26262.
- Automotive quality and management systems and processes.
Commensurate for skill and experience.
Description of company
Rockfort Engineering Limited is a small company working in the area of electric vehicle powertrain technology development You will be joining an experienced team and be expected to bring an enthusiastic and flexible attitude and a desire to be involved and influence projects and technical management.
Oxfordshire (close to M40, J10).
How to Apply
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.