Level: Principal / Chief Engineer
This role includes technical design and development tasks as well as taking on project, customer and team management responsibilities. You will be expected to take control of projects, liaise with customers and suppliers ensuring that progress is on time and to the expected standard and making the best use of the technical skills available within the team including yourself. The role will include all aspects of vehicle system design from initial requirements identification through to delivery; technically ranging from high level architecture, through wiring and systems integration to control software development, deployment and calibration.
Technical responsibilities include:
- Vehicle level system architecture design.
- High, low voltage and communication systems design.
- Vehicle electrical systems integration design.
- Safety analysis and design processes.
- Real time embedded control software design and development.
- Test rig design and implementation.
- Application test, calibration and validation.
- Documentation of all steps in the process.
Technical Skills Required:
- Software: Matlab, Simulink, C/C++, PC applications (Visual studio).
- Simulation: model development, data generation and analysis.
- Analysis: Data logging and analysis.
- Vehicle systems architecture design.
- Wiring Loom design.
- Vehicle communications systems including CAN and LIN along with associated tools such as PEAK, Vector CANalyzer/CANoe.
- Safety analysis including FMEA, HazOP.
- Electronic system test, calibration and validation.
- Good experience of PC applications Word, Excel, Viseo, Project etc.
Management Skills Required:
- Team management, task allocation and tracking.
- Project management including time and budget planning.
- Supplier management.
- Customer management.
- Project presentation and reporting to internal and external personnel.
- Knowledge of electronic circuit design.
- Understanding of the design of mechanical, thermal and other associated systems.
- Understanding of ISO26262.
- Automotive quality and management systems and processes.
Commensurate for skill and experience.
Description of company
Rockfort Engineering Limited is a small company working in the area of electric vehicle powertrain technology development You will be joining an experienced team and be expected to bring an enthusiastic and flexible attitude and a desire to be involved and influence projects and technical management.
Oxfordshire (close to M40, J10).