Level: Senior Engineer
This role includes technical design and development tasks. You will be expected to take on technical design and development responsibilities delivering them to a high standard and with a high level of independence. The role will include all aspects of vehicle system design from initial requirements identification through to delivery; technically ranging from high level architecture, through wiring and systems integration to control software development, deployment and calibration.
- Vehicle level system architecture design.
- High, low voltage and communication systems design.
- Vehicle electrical systems integration design.
- Safety analysis and design processes.
- Real time embedded control software design and development.
- Test rig design and implementation.
- Application test, calibration and validation.
- Documentation of all steps in the process.
- Software: Matlab, Simulink, C/C++, PC applications (Visual studio).
- Simulation: Model development, data generation and analysis
- Analysis: Data logging and analysis
- Vehicle systems architecture design
- Wiring Loom design
- Vehicle communications systems including CAN and LIN along with associated tools such as PEAK, Vector CANalyzer/CANoe
- Safety analysis including FMEA, HazOP
- Electronic system test, calibration and validation
- Good experience of PC applications Word, Excel, Viseo, Project etc.
- Understanding of the mechanical, thermal and other vehicle systems.
- Knowledge of ISO26262
- Automotive quality systems and processes
- Practical capabilities: Wiring loom build, repair, mechanical knowledge and hands on experience beneficial.
Commensurate for skill and experience.
Description of company
Rockfort Engineering Limited is a small company working in the area of electric vehicle powertrain technology development You will be joining an experienced team and be expected to bring an enthusiastic and flexible attitude and a desire to be involved and influence projects and technical management.
Oxfordshire (close to M40, J10).